New York City / Tri-State Region
917-279-0481 | email@example.com | linkedin.com/in/chip-davis3
TELEVISION & MEDIA PROFESSIONAL
Highly creative, detail-oriented professional with broad knowledge of the entertainment industry. Experience in transmission of live events, producing for online, application design/development, database management, and completing the tasks most people try to ignore. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills that cross business, technical and creative viewpoints. Core competencies include:
Creative Management | Transmission | Budget Analysis | Contract Analysis | Negotiation | Application Design & Testing | Writing (Online, Theatre, TV) | Training
HBO PPV, New York, NY 1991 – 2018
Pay-Per-View arm of HBO Sports, distributing Boxing, Sporting & Entertainment events generating $3.6 billion in revenue, 65 million buys and 190 PPV events including David Bowie, The Three Tenors, Trinidad vs. Hopkins, Lewis vs. Tyson (Joint Venture w/Showtime), De La Hoya vs. Mayweather, Mayweather vs. Pacquiao (Joint Venture w/Showtime).
Business Liaison – Transmission
Oversaw business issues for Live Television Transmissions of PPV events in collaboration with HBO Transmission Ops and third-party vendors.
- Reviewed and analyzed transmission budgets for each PPV event ranging from $45K to $70K and initiated final payments to transmission vendor.
- Safeguarded live PPV signals, resulting in 100% outage-free shows for over 100 events.
- Analyzed contracts for transmission and related issues in promoter, distributor and third-party agreements, ensuring redundancy and providing that transmission signals were tested and received, guaranteeing every distributor was in compliance with all insurance requirements.
- Drafted all transmission contracts.
- Reviewed proposals and negotiated with third parties to “turn” the signal for the consumer C Band backyard dish market for each event.
Creative Manager – Application/Database
Liaison between HBO PPV and IT department for all builds, fixes and issues. Worked with IT and internal parties on initial design, build and application testing.
- Managed SPAR Application (Sales, Performance and Reporting) to track, calculate and audit promoter payments for more than 50 events, each generating $1M+ in revenue.
- Directed the 2011 complete re-build of SPAR application from a single price point business model to a multi-price point application.
- Supervised SPAR’s 2005 Cash Module that reconciled receipts between the Cash and Event Performance Modules.
- Authored and maintained SPAR’s 175-page Operational Manual.
Producer – TVKO.com 1996 – 2000
Managed all design, editorial, build and business issues of HBO PPV’s initial website.
- Analyzed and evaluated technical and financial feasibility of designers and host servers.
- Negotiated a financially favorable flat rate approach which resulted in substantial savings, allowing the site’s first 18 months to be financed by its initial ad banner.
- Developed initial site concept and design for fast loading web pages.
- Created financial projections of estimated annual costs.
- Coordinated with Marketing, Legal and HBO Interactive.
- Maintained production schedules on a per-event basis.
- Initiated and managed Celebrity Chats, promoting upcoming events and cross-promotional linkage between websites.
- Conducted website reviews for HBO.com: Earth to the Moon, World Championship Boxing, and HBO.com’s home and schedule pages.
Operations Manager – Satellite & Cable Affiliate
- Managed Cash Database & Reporting for PPV events ranging from $1M to $200M per event.
- Drafted Rate Cards and sign-up letters conveying each PPV event deal structure to cable and satellite companies.
- Managed clearance of Pay-Per-View events.
- Supervised information distribution to/from cable systems.
- Developed and maintained multiple cable system participation reports.
- Acted as point person for cable and satellite distributors.
- Built and maintained (flat) databases for each PPV event.
- Achieved 90% to 95% accuracy for Overnight Buy Projections defining total buys by event used as the basis for estimated multi-million-dollar event promoter payments.
- Researched and created myriad analytics used to determine viability of multi-million-dollar pay-per-view events.
- Determined most lucrative marketing opportunities utilizing U.S. Census and state performance data to identify target demographics.
Producer/Writer/Director, RESONANT PITCH
Original Podcast: http://www.moseshaygood.com.
Producer/Playwright/Director, FINDING HOME
Three original plays performed at The York Theater, NYC.
Producer/Playwright, LITTLE GLIMPSES
Original stage play performed at The West Bank Cafe Downstairs Theatre Bar, NYC; The Dramatists Guild, NYC; and San Diego Arts Theatre, CA.
Writing Samples available at linkedin.com/in/chip-davis3.
The Juilliard School – Drama Division – Certificate Program, New York, NY